Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why Is He Famous


Following is some wisdom that came forth from my 8 year old grandson last Sunday. Riding with me to the restaurant Lincoln saw a copy of a recent publication of the Smithsonian magazine on the back seat. Covering the front of the magazine were large pictures of both Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin. My grandson immediately recognized the face of our former president but wanted to know the name of the other gentleman. I told him it was Charles Darwin. As is the case with an 8 year old there is always another question, "Who is he?" "Well," I said, "He is the man who came up with the idea of evolution." I braced for the next obvious question, "What is evolution." I explained to his inquisitive mind that evolution was a theory that man came from a monkey. Rather matter of fact like Lincoln asked his final question on the subject, "Why is he famous?" Out of the mouth of babes . . .

1 comment:

krt said...

Children have a way of telling the truth without realizing it. It really grinds my corn that our government allows the Darwin theory to be taught but can't talk about Jesus.