Monday, July 6, 2009

William H. Dean and Cancer Report



Dad is 87 years old. He is a World War II veteran. He has a Purple Heart and 2 Oak Leaf Clusters signifying he was wounded three times. Today he is listed as 100% disabled by the V.A. Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer many years ago and opted to have his prostrate removed through an extremely rough surgery. For the first seven years after the surgery his P.S.A. counts remained low thus leading the doctors to believe that the cancer had been contained in the prostate. However, seven years after the surgery his P.S.A. counts started to rise again. There was a tumor somewhere in his body and it was active. Although his cancer cannot be cured we are grateful that his particular type of cancer is very slow growing. Last Monday, after reading his recent P.S.A. counts his doctor told him that the cancer has either moved into his lymph nodes or his bones. The doctor promptly offered a treatment that comes with side effects but cannot cure the cancer. Following is my dad's response. "In the war, they killed men in front of me, behind me, on my left, and on my right. My buddies wanted to live as much as I did. God let me live to come home and marry my sweetheart and find truth. Since I found Jesus, I have received in this life 100 fold without persecution. I don't want the treatment" Although we are expecting to keep dad around for a long while I cannot help but say that dad taught me how to live and now he is going to teach me how to die. Live long dad and besides, who knows, the rapture may catch us all away and we'll meet the Lord together in the clouds. Israel is fixing to bomb Iran and Russia is coming to their aid. Ezekiel prophesied that God would put a hook in Russia's jaw and drag them down to fight Israel. Russia, you better take a long hard look at Ezekiel 38 and 39. It's going to cost you more lives than you can imagine to make this trip because God's fury is going to come up in His face when you enter Israel. Pray for Dad's healing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had not heard that about Bro. Elder Dean. My grandmother Lenora and her late husband thought highly of your parents, as they brought them to Christ and your dad officiated their marriage a very long time ago. My grandmother now attends church with the Elder Deans, but due to her declining health has not been able to attend as much as she would like. I will keep Brother and Sister Elder Dean in prayer.

Unknown said...

bro dean sis was my pastor 30 years ago i pray that he lives for ever kenneth keller

Roger Stewart said...

Bro. Dean your dad was the biggest influence in my marriage than he will ever know. I was stationed at Ft. Hood Aug. 86-March 89. My first year he taught or preached it was hard to tell with him, but the seed was planted in my heart. The message was "God was a family man." At that time we had only been married three weeks. In July my lovely wife and I will be married twenty-four years and we have two great daughters 19-21 both still in church and on fire. We attribute it to the foundation of Bro.& Sis. Dean. Tell them PRAISE JESUS. Roger & Angela Stewart. Indiana

Gary G. Coates said...

Bro Dean is a great man of God. I mention about him in my sermons at times haven't seen them in years. would love to see them. God bless you and them

Anonymous said...

Bro. Dean May GOD bless you and have his way in your life. I thank the LORD for men like you, that not only were willing to give their life for our country, but have given yourself unselfisly to the work of the almighty.