Monday, July 9, 2007

Camp Meeting

After the Friday evening service at Camp Meeting, Gina and myself along with some other friends had the opportunity to sit down with G. A. Mangun and listen to him tell us how he prays through the tabernacle every time he prays. To listen to this man speak about his close encounters with God in the past few weeks really put a fresh desire in my Spirit to know God. Bro. Mangun is 87 years old but still prays for hours at a time. He told us that a spirit of prayer came on him a couple of weeks ago at 10:00 at night and he prayed until well after midnight. We must have a demonstration of the apostolic power in our churches to do what must be done and we will never see it happen until we are willing to give ourselves continually to prayer and the Word as the Apostles did. I covet your prayers. I want to know Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Not just hear about him, I want to know him.

2 comments:

Chris said...

We must have a demonstration of the apostolic power in our churches to do what must be done and we will never see it happen until we are willing to give ourselves continually to prayer and the Word as the Apostles did. I covet your prayers. I want to know Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Not just hear about him, I want to know him.

Amen, Pastor. Same for me. And I appreciate everything that you do to help the church know Him more.

Jody said...

I watched the Louisiana Camp Meeting on the web, someone mentioned the Praying Through The Tabernacle was on the POA web site, I immediately went there and watched. It was one of the most powerful and moving experiences I have ever had.

To sit there and and hear him talk about this must have been so special for you and Sister Dean.

I have ordered the DVD and shared this with all that I can reach, it made me realize we must pray EVERYDAY, EVERYDAY to reach the throne.

Jody In Arizona