Thursday, May 29, 2008

20th Pastoral Anniversary

We have now been a part of The Pentecostals of Bossier City for 20 years. This doesn't seem possible until I look at the pictures of what my family looked like 20 years ago. Last night we honored our graduating seniors at a reception in the Life Center. There were pictures in some of their albums of myself holding these seniors shortly after they were born. It seems surreal to me that they have never had another pastor. Wow!

Thank you Bossier City Pentecostals for all the kindness shown to us through the years. We have walked through valleys and climbed high mountains. Once we had a funeral, a wedding, and a baby born, all on the same day. These past 20 years have been marked with great revivals, two large building programs, special meetings, missions conferences, Holy Ghost visitations and through it all, we have learned to trust in God. The Lord has blessed us all and oh how the Lord has blessed Gina and I and our family.

Mistakes? Plenty of them! Gina and I pray that we have gleaned something from our mistakes. Victories? To numerous to remember. We give God all the glory.

One of the members said, "I hope the Lord gives you another twenty years as pastor here." Thanks, but I'm 55 now and at times I am tired, really tired. Maybe 10 more years as pastor. Yes, that sounds better. God's will? That sounds best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard your singing voice at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxRq0sjsrI8

If you haven't already recorded, shame on you. It was good!