Sunday, August 17, 2008


The picture is of Jackson Luke Dean. He is the son of Jeremy and Patrice. This boy is something else and like his cousins, he loves his PaPa J. He loves my very nice Bible for some reason and I do not have the heart to tell him he cannot play with it. Anyway, I want him to love the Word. Psalms 19 & 119 are two of my favorite chapters in the Bible. They both have great insight into the beauty of the forever settled in heaven Word of God.

In the last four weeks, The Pentecostals of Bossier have responded beautifully to an appeal by an evangelist for a sacrificial offering to World Missions. To date they have given over $405,000. A large portion of the gifts have been placed on the platform in front of our pulpit during our worship. It looks like this figure will go over 1/2 million before this is over. I am overwhelmed. We are humbled greatly by this. Many people have given sacrificially out of their very living. God will now hasten to perform His Word and will mightily bless this congregation and the many people who have given. I am anxious to watch all of this unfold.

No comments: